Sometimes SEO can be harsh. There are things that we need to do but they may be difficult or even disagreeable. With the right attitude and perspective, these things can become an asset rather than a hindrance; a way to show off what we are capable of completing.
We have prepared 20 of the best search engine optimization quotes from popular SEOs that will help you reach your goals.
Search Engine Optimization quotes
- Larry Page: “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer”
Larry Page is co-founder of Google. This quote is about staying with a problem to ensure that you get a good solution.
- Sergey Brin: “Don’t fear failure, instead learn from it”
Sergey Brin co-founder of Google. This quote tells us that we should not be afraid of failing but learn from whatever happens.
- Scott Wyden Kivowitz: “SEO is like a box of chocolates”
Scott Wyden Kivowitz is an SEO expert and the author of Search Engine Optimization: A Practical Guide for Business. He says that SEO is not one thing but a bunch of different things.
- Wendy Piersall: “SEO is a tool for experimentation, not a prescriptive process”
Wendy Piersall is a legend in the world of SEO and webmaster. Her quote here shows us that SEO is not an exact science.
- Adam Audette: “Like any other career, SEO is something you can learn”
Adam Audette is an SEO expert and the founder of The Search Agency. He has a lot of experience in this field and his quote here shows that you can start learning SEO today.
- Jeff Eisenberg: “SEO is like shooting fish in a barrel. There’s no mystery here”
Jeff Eisenberg, the CEO of SEOmoz is a great businessman and an expert in SEO. He says that SEO isn’t complicated and there are no secrets to learn about it.
- Neil Patel: “If you are not excited about SEO, then you should find another career”
Neil Patel is the co-founder of Crazyegg.com. According to him, you should be very passionate about SEO if you want to succeed.
- Matt Cutts: “SEO is all about being clever and surprising the search engine with what you have found”
Matt Cutts is the head of Google’s webspam team. He gave a very significant quote here which shows us how SEO should be approached.
- Danny Sullivan: “The thing that’s most upsetting to me in the SEO world is when people try to get around algorithms.”
Daniel Sullivan is a name synonymous with search engine optimization (SEO). According to him, we should not manipulate our way to the top of search engine rankings.
- John Mueller: “These days it’s all about regular content and fresh content”
John Mueller is a Google webmaster trends analyst. He says that we should create fresh content on a regular basis so that search engines know we are serious about what we are doing.
- Lee Odden: “Content is the single most important aspect of organic search”
Lee Odden is an expert in SEO, inbound marketing and internet marketing. According to him, content is king.
- Jill Whalen: “Good SEO is not magic. It is a tool, not a rulebook”
Jill Whalen is an SEM guru, CEO of High Rankings. According to her, SEO is something that can be learned and mastered if you keep working at it.
- Rand Fishkin: “The way to get a link is not by asking for it, but by earning it”
Rand Fishkin is the founder of Moz. He says that the best way to get good links is through quality content and hard work.
- Aaron Wall: “Putting your users first is the best SEO tip you’ll ever get”
Aaron Wall is a social and mobile marketing expert. He says that the most important thing in SEO is putting the user first because User Experience is the number one factor.
- Jeff Keleher: “SEO is not a formula or a recipe, it’s about making decisions”
Jeff Keleher is the president of Advanced Web Rankings. According to him, SEO isn’t something that can be copied or repeated over and over again.
- Brian Dean: “SEO is not black and white”
Brian Dean is the CEO of Backlinko.com. He says that SEO needs to be understood in a broader context than what we think it is now.
- Chase Reiner: “SEO is not enough, growth hacking is the new SEO”
Chase Reiner, founder of chasereiner.com says that growth hacking is now the big thing in SEO.
- Phil Frost: “SEO is an art, not a science”
Phil Frost is the author of SEO for Digital Marketers. According to him, SEO is not a black and white affair.
- Simon Penson: “SEO is not magic, but it’s the closest thing to magic”
Simon Penson is one of the leading consultants in this field. He says that there are no exact formulas for SEO success. We have to do a lot of trial and error to become good at this job.
- Viktor Ivanov: “SEO is about keeping the user first and constantly surprising him”
Viktor Ivanov is a successful entrepreneur and startup advisor. According to him, SEO success depends on how much attention we give to our users.
I hope that these search engine optimization quotes will bring back motivation in your SEO work and this article will help you in your future endeavors as a search engine optimizer.
Don’t stop reading and learning more about this interesting topic. I hope you liked it and agree with most of the quotes above. If not, please feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below. If you like this article, feel free to share it with friends on any social network.